2004 Cabernet Sauvignon
The fruit for our 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon was selected from our Huerhuero Vineyard, which is planted on the premium clones 337, 6 and 15. All the fruit was handpicked in small lots during the cool of the morning to ensure perfect quality and ripeness. It was then destemmed and gently crushed into temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. To preserve varietal character, 35% of the lot was left as whole berries, with pumpovers taking place regularly to enhance color and tannin extraction from the skins. After pressing, the wine was racked into barrels to complete malolactic fermentation and aging.
Enjoy now through 2014.
- Color: Deep dark, cherry red
- Aroma: Intense flavors of dark sweet fruits including notes of blueberry complemented by notes of toasty oak
- Taste: A supple, full-bodied, rich flavored Cabernet Sauvignon which has intense fruitiness (blueberry, cherry), light oak, and excellent balance, with a medium long finish
- Gold Medal, 93 Points, “Exceptional” - Beverage Testing Institute 2008 World Wine Championships
- Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Wine Competition 2008
- Gold Medal - Dallas Morning News Wine Competition 2008
- Gold Medal - Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition 2008
- Silver Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2008
- Silver Medal - California Mid-State Fair Central Coast Wine Competition 2008
- Silver Medal - California State Fair Wine Competition 2008
- Silver Medal - Riverside International Wine Competition 2008