2012 Cabernet Sauvignon
The fruit for our 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon was selected from three of our estate vineyards in Paso Robles. It was handpicked and sorted in the early morning to ensure quality and uniformity of ripeness. Afterwards, the fruit was destemmed and gently crushed into temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. Pump-overs took place regularly to enhance color and help extract tannins from the skin. After pressing, the wine was racked into barrels to complete malolactic fermentation. While the majority of wine was aged in French oak, we also used some American and Hungarian oak barrels for added nuances and complexity. After 8 months of aging and extensive blending trials, some Petit Verdot was added to enhance the wine’s structure and Tannat to add fleshiness. The final blend was then aged for an additional 12 months in barrels to fully integrate before bottling.
Enjoy now through 2022.
- Color: Garnet
- Aroma: Dark currants with hints of fine tobacco and sandalwood
- Taste: Medium-bodied; rich dark fruit; complex with a structured, creamy finish
- Double-Gold Medal - Houston Livestock & Rodeo Wine Competition 2015
- Gold Medal - Sunset International Wine Competition 2015
- 90 Points - Vinous, September 2015
- 88 Points - Wine Enthusiast, June 2015
- 92 Points - planetgrape.com, February 2015
- Silver Medal - Indy International Wine Competition 2015
- Silver Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2015
- 94 Points - justwinepoints.com, November 2014
- 89 Points - Winelines Online, November 22, 2014
- 88 Points - Food & Beverage World, December 2014