The Power of 4 – this Paso blend is more delicious than the sum of its parts. It combines grape varieties mainly from our prestigious Huerhuero Vineyard, located in the rolling hills of Paso Robles. Here, warm afternoons and cool evening breezes influence the grapes to perfect ripeness. The grapes were picked at cooler morning temperatures and cold soaked for two days prior to fermentation. Variable pump-over techniques were implemented during progressive stages of fermentation to enhance fruit extraction and balance out the tannin structure. The wine was then aged in both small and large format French, European and American oak barrels for 16 months in order to add complexity while enhancing a soft, velvety finish. Vina Robles’ RED4 blend showcases the spice and cherry qualities of Syrah, the structure of Petite Sirah, the forward fruit of Grenache, and the rustic character of Mourvèdre. This intriguing, youthful wine is your perfect dinner companion.
Enjoy now through 2018.
- Color: Ruby garnet
- Aroma: Dark fruit and pomegranate with savory spice
- Taste: Medium-bodied with rich cherry fruit, sweet chalky tannins and hints of cocoa on the finish
- Gold Medal - Sunset International Wine Competition 2015
- Double-Gold Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2015
- 90 Points - Food & Beverage World, July 2016
- Gold Medal - Indy International Wine Competition 2015
- 89 Points - Food & Beverage World International, December 2015