2014 Sauvignon Blanc
We source our Sauvignon Blanc fruit from a small lot on our Jardine Vineyard. Sauvignon Blanc heralds the beginning of harvest, which in 2014 was late August. The fruit was picked in the cool morning hours and immediately delivered to the winery. The membrane press we use to process the fruit leaves a very low level of solids in the resulting juice and therefore preserves more of the varietal characteristics and acidity in the finished wine. The wine is fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks to retain the aromatics of the variety. Following fermentation, the wine was kept on the yeast lees to soften the wine and increase mouthfeel and texture. Our Sauvignon Blanc does not undergo malolactic fermentation so that it keeps its fresh, crisp style.
Enjoy now through 2018.
- Color: Brilliant, light straw
- Aroma: Guava and pear with hints of grapefruit zest and passion fruit
- Taste: A lively, refreshing wine; citrus flavors unfold into a zesty finish
- 88 Points - Wine Enthusiast, March 2016
- 90 Points - steveheimoff.com, September 2015
- Double-Gold Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2016