2015 Sauvignon Blanc
We source our Sauvignon Blanc fruit from a small lot on our Jardine Vineyard. The 2015 Sauvignon Blanc was harvested in early September. The fruit was picked and delivered to the winery in the cool morning hours to minimize degradation. The membrane press we use to process the fruit leaves a very low level of solids in the resulting juice and therefore preserves more of the varietal characteristics and acidity in the finished wine. The wine was cold fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks to retain the aromatics of the variety. Following fermentation, the wine was kept on the yeast lees to preserve character while enhancing mouthfeel.
Enjoy now through 2019.
- Color: Brilliant, light straw
- Aroma: Grapefruit and pear with hints of lemongrass
- Taste: A lively, refreshing wine; citrus flavors unfold into a quenching finish
- 88 Points - Tasting Panel, December-January 2016-2017
- 93 Points - steveheimoff.com, November 2016