The grapes for our Albariño hail from our estate Huerhuero Vineyard. This grape variety is grown in Spain (Rias Baixas region, Galicia) under the name Albariño and in Portugal (Vinho Verde region) as Alvarinho. Albariño is a thickskinned grape, which allows it to flourish in our Mediterranean climate.
The grapes for this vintage were handpicked at night during the cool evening hours and whole cluster pressed. After cold settling for 48 hours, the juice was racked and fermented in both a small stainless steel tank and neutral French oak barrels where it was aged for four months.
Enjoy now through 2017.
- Color: Light straw
- Aroma: Pear, honeydew melon and pink grapefruit
- Taste: Medium-bodied with crisp acidity; notes of lime unfold into a mineral finish
- 89 Points, Best of Year - Wine Enthusiast Buying Guide 2014
- 99 Points - justwinepoints.com, June 2014
- Wine of the Week - Dan Berger's Vintage Experiences, July 10, 2014