2011 Cabernet Sauvignon
The fruit for our 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon was selected from three of our estate vineyards in Paso Robles. It was handpicked in the early morning and sorted to ensure quality and uniformity of ripeness. Afterwards, the fruit was destemmed and gently crushed into temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. Pump-overs took place regularly to enhance color and help extract tannins from the skin. After pressing, the wine was racked into barrels to complete malolactic fermentation and aging. Before bottling, we blended in some Petit Verdot from our Huerhuero Vineyard to enhance the mouthfeel and structure of the wine.
Enjoy now through 2019.
- Color: Garnet
- Aroma: Cassis and dark currants with hints of licorice and fine tobacco
- Taste: Medium-bodied; smooth tannins and a balanced finish
- 92 Points - Wine Enthusiast, November 2014
- 94 Points - justwinepoints.com, June 2014
- 90 Points - Tasting Panel, August 2014
- Silver Medal - Central Coast Wine Competition 2014