2007 Cabernet Sauvignon
The fruit for our 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon was selected from our Jardine and Huerhuero vineyards, which are planted on the premium clones 6, 15 and 337. All the fruit was handpicked at night in small lots to ensure perfect quality and ripeness. It was then destemmed and gently crushed into temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. To preserve varietal character, 45% of the lot was left as whole berries, with pumpovers taking place regularly to enhance color and tannin extraction from the skins. After pressing, the wine was racked into barrels to complete malolactic fermentation and aging.
Enjoy now through 2016.
- Color: Deep, brilliant garnet
- Aroma: Intense rich, black fruit with undertones of oak, toast and coffee
- Taste: A full-bodied, rich Cabernet Sauvignon with great structure and intense fruit; ripe dry tannins with a long focused finish
- Gold Medal - San Francisco International Wine Competition 2010
- Silver Medal - Riverside International Wine Competition 2010
- 4-Stars - Restaurant Wine, May 2010
- Silver Medal - Dallas Morning News Wine Competition 2010
- Silver Medal - San Diego International Wine Competition 2010
- Platinum Medal - Monterey Wine Competition 2010
- Gold Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2010
- Silver Medal - Winemaker Challenge International Wine Competition 2010
- Silver Medal, 89 Points - Beverage Testing Institute World Wine Championships 2010