2013 Petite Sirah
Petite Sirah has been a classic grape planted and grown in California for more than a century and is well suited to the limiting soils found in our estate vineyards in Paso Robles.
The fruit for our 2013 Petite Sirah was handpicked in the early morning and sorted to ensure quality and uniformity of ripeness. Afterwards, the fruit was destemmed and gently crushed into temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. Pump-overs took place regularly to enhance color and help extract tannins from the skin. After pressing, the wine was racked into barrels to complete malolactic fermentation and aging. While the majority was aged in French oak, we also used some American and Hungarian oak barrels for added nuances and complexity. Upon extensive blending trials after 8 months of aging, the final lots were selected and blended for overall synergies - structure and minerality from Creston Valley along with expressive fruit and silkiness from Jardine Vineyard. The blend was then aged for an additional 12 months in barrels to fully integrate before bottling. The result is a wine displaying complexity, structure, richness, and balance.
Enjoy now through 2025.
- Color: Opaque garnet
- Aroma: Boysenberry with hints of mocha and allspice
- Taste: Full-bodied with notes of juicy dark fruit and integrated, chewy tannins
- 91 Points - steveheimoff.com, January 2017
- 89 Points - Vinous, September 2016
- 90 Points - Food & Beverage World, June 2016
- Gold Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2017
- Gold Medal, Reserve Class Champion - Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Wine Competition 2016