2006 Petite Sirah
The grapes for this vintage were hand picked and sorted for quality in the vineyard. The fruit was fermented in small stainless steel tanks and bins. Over three days the must was allowed to “cold soak” to extract color and flavor prior to the start of fermentation. Pumpovers took place frequently over a ten-day period before the juice was pressed off and transferred to French oak barrels (50% new) to complete malolactic fermentation. The final blend was chosen as a result of frequent tasting sessions. The Jardine Petite Sirah contributes dense, dark fruit with great tannin structure. The Penman Springs adds dark color, fresh berry aromas and spicy characteristics. Together, they create a wine displaying complexity, structure and balance.
Enjoy now through 2016.
- Color: Deep, inky garnet
- Aroma: Intense blackberry and blueberry fruit with notions of incense and earth
- Taste: Black cherry flavors with cedar and sweet oak components, a soft and luscious texture supported by young healthy tannins and balanced acidity
- 93 Points - Wine Enthusiast, March 2009
- Gold Medal - San Diego International Wine Competition 2009
- Silver Medal/87 Points - Internationale Weinpramierung Zurich (Expovina) 2009
- Silver Medal - Grand Harvest Awards 2009
- Silver Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2009
- Silver Medal - Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition 2009