2012 Sauvignon Blanc
We source our Sauvignon Blanc fruit from a small lot on our Jardine Vineyard. Sauvignon Blanc heralds the beginning of harvest, which in 2012 was mid-September. The fruit was picked in the cool morning hours and immediately delivered to the winery. The membrane press we use to process the fruit leaves a very low level of solids in the resulting juice and therefore preserves more of the varietal characteristics and acidity in the finished wine. The wine is fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks to retain the aromatics of the variety. Following fermentation, the wine was kept on the yeast lees to soften the wine and increase mouthfeel and texture. Our Sauvignon Blanc does not undergo malolactic fermentation so that it keeps its fresh, crisp style.
Enjoy now through 2016.
- Color: Brilliant, light straw
- Aroma: Guava and grapefruit with hints of passion fruit
- Taste: A crisp, refreshing wine; tropical flavors and minerality unfold into a quenching finish
- 90 Points, Best Buy - Wine Enthusiast, November 2013
- Gold Medal - Sommelier Challenge International Wine Competition 2013