2008 Sauvignon Blanc
We source our Sauvignon Blanc fruit from a small lot on our Jardine Vineyard. Sauvignon Blanc heralds the beginning of the harvest in late August. The fruit is hand picked in the cool morning hours and immediately delivered to the winery. The membrane press we use to process the fruit leaves a very low level of solids in the resulting juice and therefore preserves more of the varietal characteristics and acidity in the finished wine. The wine is fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks to preserve the aromatics of the variety. Following fermentation the wine is transferred into smaller tanks for four months and lees stirring takes place to soften the wine and increase mouthfeel and texture. Our Jardine Sauvignon Blanc did not undergo malolactic fermentation to preserve the fresh, crisp style.
Enjoy now through 2012.
- Color: Brilliant yellow hue
- Aroma: Melon, ripe pear and lychee
- Taste: Dry, medium bodied white wine with a rich creaminess on the palate with flavors of honeysuckle and stone fruit; bright and refreshing with well balanced acidity
- Highly Recommended - Laurie Daniel, Mercury News/Tribune, June 2009
- Best of Class, Gold Medal - Central Coast Wine Competition 2009
- 90 Points, Editors’ Choice - Wine Enthusiast, August 2009
- Silver Medal, Highly Recommended - Beverage Testing Institute World Wine Championships 2009
- Silver Medal - Critics Challenge 2009
- Silver Medal - Grand Harvest Awards 2009
- Silver Medal - San Diego International Wine Competition 2009
- Silver Medal - California State Fair Wine Competition 2009
- Silver Medal - Orange County Fair Wine Competition 2009
- Silver Medal - San Francisco International Wine Competition 2009