2009 Sauvignon Blanc
We source our Sauvignon Blanc fruit from a small lot on our Jardine Vineyard. Sauvignon Blanc heralds the beginning of the harvest in late August. The fruit is hand picked in the cool morning hours and immediately delivered to the winery. The membrane press we use to process the fruit leaves a very low level of solids in the resulting juice and therefore preserves more of the varietal characteristics and acidity in the finished wine. The wine is fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks to preserve the aromatics of the variety. Following fermentation the wine is transferred into smaller tanks for four months and lees stirring takes place to soften the wine and increase mouthfeel and texture. Our Jardine Sauvignon Blanc did not undergo malolactic fermentation to preserve the fresh, crisp style.
Enjoy now through 2013.
- Color: Brilliant straw
- Aroma: Intense citrus aromatics; candied fruit flavors with a touch of lychee
- Taste: Fresh lively acidity, flavors of ripe pear; mineral notes with a balanced, creamy finish
- Editors’ Choice, 88 Points - Wine Enthusiast, July 2010
- Wine Pick of the Month - 805 Living, June 2010
- Wine Pick of the Week - Kathy Marcks Hardesty, New Times, March 25, 2010
- 87 Points, 1 Puff - Connoisseurs’ Guide, August 2010
- Silver Medal- Sommelier Challenge 2010
- Silver Medal - San Diego International Wine Competition 2010
- Silver Medal - Critics Challenge International Wine Competition 2010
- Silver Medal - San Francisco Wine Competition 2011