2010 Sauvignon Blanc
We source our Sauvignon Blanc fruit from a small lot on our Jardine Vineyard. Sauvignon Blanc heralds the beginning of the harvest in late August to early September. The fruit is hand picked in the cool morning hours and immediately delivered to the winery. The membrane press we use to process the fruit leaves a very low level of solids in the resulting juice and therefore preserves more of the varietal characteristics and acidity in the finished wine. The wine is fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks to preserve the aromatics of the variety. Following fermentation the wine is transferred into smaller tanks for four months and lees stirring takes place to soften the wine and increase mouthfeel and texture. Our Jardine Sauvignon Blanc did not undergo malolactic fermentation to preserve the fresh, crisp style.
Enjoy now through 2014.
- Color: Brilliant straw with green hues
- Aroma: Green apple, white peach with notes of minerality
- Taste: A medium bodied, smooth wine balanced with fresh acidity and a lingering clean finish
- 88 Points - Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, Nov/Dec 2011
- Silver Medal - Central Coast Wine Competition 2011
- 95 Points, Gold Medal - CA State Fair Wine Competition 2011
- 87 Points - Wine Enthusiast, May 2011
- Recommended, six summer wines under $20 - Today Show; watch here »
- Silver Medal - Beverage Testing Institute World Wine Championships 2011