Signature is defined as a “distinctive characteristic that denotes one’s identity”. Our 2005 Signature blend is made from three grape varieties that winemaker Matthias Gubler feels are the ultimate expression of Vina Robles’ terroir. It is a blend of the Bordeaux varietals Petit Verdot and Cabernet Sauvignon with the Rhône varietal Syrah. Petit Verdot flourishes in the microclimates of our Huerhuero Vineyard where it produces wines with deep color, rich flavor and good tannin structure. The Cabernet Sauvignon grapes are from Adelaida Springs Ranch on the West side of Paso Robles, where the fruit shows wonderful fresh berry character and lends great acid structure for balance. From a cool site in Eastern Paso Robles, the Ryan Road Vineyard Syrah gives us big, aromatic wines with dark color and rounded tannins. This unique and complex blend is elegant yet powerful.
Enjoy now through 2015.
- Color: Dark garnet
- Aroma: Intense aromas of black raspberry, blueberry, and violets supported by toasty oak, nutmeg and cinnamon notes.
- Taste: Fresh blueberry, plum and peach flavors with a hint of pine and tobacco supported by ripe, firm tannins.
- 4-Stars - Restaurant Wine, May 2008
- Laurie Daniel / The Grape Vine - The Tribune / San Jose Mercury News, December 2007
“Signature is unusual in that’s it’s based on petit verdot, which makes up more than half the blend: Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah account for the rest. It offers generous rich, bright black cherry and raspberry fruit, accented by some toasty oak. The texture is plump and supple, though the wine has plenty of structure.”
- 92 Points, Exceptional - Beverage Testing Institute World Wine Championships 2007
- Gold Medal - California State Fair Wine Competition 2008
- Gold Medal, Class Champion - Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition 2008
- Gold Medal - West Coast Wine Competition 2008
- Gold Medal, 91 Points, “Exceptional” - Beverage Testing Institute 2008 World Wine Championships