“Signature” is a distinctive blend of two lesser known grapes – Petit Verdot and Petite Sirah – which flourish in our Paso Robles climate. Petit Verdot comes from the Bordeaux area; Petite Sirah – also called Durif – originates from Southern France. Both varieties are known for their intense color and for delivering a generous amount of ageworthy tannins.
Our Petit Verdot is grown in high density blocks in the diverse microclimates of our Huerhuero Vineyard, where it produces wines with deep color, rich flavor and good tannin structure. The Petite Sirah is sourced from Creston Valley Vineyard, located at 1,600 feet in elevation. This estate vineyard is situated in eastern Paso Robles and is planted on limestone soils, which provide an earthy character to the wine.
This vintage reflects the 6th anniversary of this limited-production Estate Cuvée. In 2008, we harvested perfectly ripe Petit Verdot grapes that produced a very intense and rich wine, resulting in a high percentage Petit Verdot in the final blend.
Enjoy now through 2018.
- Color: Opaque garnet
- Aroma: Smoky black fruit with notes of minerality and hints of violets
- Taste: Full-bodied with layers of flavors; black cherries, clove; hearty tannins with vibrant acidity and a balanced finish.
- 92 Points - Jeb Dunnuck's The Rhone Report, Issue 14, December 2012
- Class Champion, Gold Medal - Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition 2012
- 91 Points - Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, November/December 2011