Suen•de•ro [swen-dé-ro] n. derived from “Sueño Sendero” or the “Dream Path”
The name Suendero celebrates the wine’s origins amid the magical terrain of Adelaida Springs Ranch in the rugged coastal mountains west of Paso Robles. Here, at an elevation of 1,700 feet and just 12 miles from the Pacific Ocean, the ranch’s small vineyard is planted in calcareous soils, resulting from uplifted ancient sea beds. These hillside soils, combined with reliable marine breezes, enable us to craft a nuanced Meritage of depth and balance that mirrors the evenness and elegance of a modern style blend.
At harvest, the grapes were picked and delivered to the winery in small lots where they were sorted, destemmed and gently crushed into small lot fermenters. Frequent pump overs and punch-down techniques were used to extract balanced flavors, color and texture from these tiny, concentrated berries. The wine was then drained and gently pressed from the skins into limited-production, tight-grained French oak barrels. After 8 months of aging and extensive blending trials, some Petit Verdot was added to enhance the wine’s structure and Malbec for additional complexity. The final blend was then aged for an additional 12 months in these special barrels to fully integrate before bottling.
Enjoy now through 2025.
- Color: Inky purple garnet
- Aroma: Dark currants and black cherries with hints of licorice, mocha and spice
- Taste: Rich and full-bodied; dark fruit flavors with well-structured, chewy tannins that linger into a long, balanced finish
- 90 Points - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate, August 2016
- Gold Medal - Sunset International Wine Competition 2016
- 90 Points - Food & Beverage World, April 2016