Sy•rée [se-rey] n. derived from Syrah and “cuvée” (blend)
The grapes for our Syrée are selected from three highly regarded vineyards; Syrah from Ryan Road near Creston and Petite Sirah from both Huerhuero and Penman Springs in the heart of Paso Robles. Located at an elevation of 1,500 feet, Ryan Road features calcareous soils, while Huerhuero and Penman Springs Vineyard are well exposed hillsides with warm growing conditions and limiting, well-drained soils.
The lots were pumped over in small fermenters and kept on the skins for up to 15 days to extract the maximum amount of color and tannins. After being transferred to 100% French oak barrels, the two wines were blended the following spring and put back into barrels for an additional year of barrel aging.
Enjoy now through 2022.
- Color: Inky Garnet
- Aroma: Boysenberry with notes of mocha spice
- Taste: Full-bodied with dark fruit; chewy, textured tannins and a rich, creamy finish
- Gold Medal - Sommelier Challenge International Wine Competition 2014
- 89 Points - Vinous, September 2015
- Double-Gold Medal - Houston Livestock & Rodeo Wine Competition 2015
- Gold Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2015