Viognier is planted at the highest point in our estate Huerhuero Vineyard and benefits from the cooling Pacific breezes that blow through the Templeton Gap in the afternoon. The fruit was handpicked in mid-September and only the ripest, highest quality bunches were selected. Upon harvest, the fruit was pressed and the juice was transferred to stainless steel tanks to begin fermentation with a selected yeast strain to complement the expressive fruit of the variety. During fermentation, the wine was transferred and aged for four months in neutral oak barrels for added complexity.
Enjoy now through 2016.
- Color: Golden straw
- Aroma: Mandarins with hints of ginger and honeysuckle
- Taste: Creamy mouthfeel with notes of mandarin and a quenching finish
- 89 Points - California Grapevine, September 2013
- Kathy's Pick of the Week - New Times, August 15-22, 2013
- 98 Points - justwinepoints.com, May 2013
- 90 Points - Wine Lines Online, April 5, 2013