The Power of 4 – this wine is an estate blend combining grapes from our prestigious Huerhuero and Jardine Vineyards located in the rolling hills of Paso Robles, where warm afternoons and cool evening breezes guide the grapes to perfect ripeness. The varietals used in this blend are very unique to Paso Robles and California’s Central Coast. Intended as a trial, we discovered that both the Vermentino and Verdelho have responded extremely well to the terrior of our Huerhuero Vineyard.
The Vermentino was fermented 70% in stainless steel and 30% in oak puncheons. The Verdelho was 100% stainless steel fermented and aged for 6 months on its lees. Lees stirring took place twice a week for several months. The Viognier was fermented in neutral French oak to gain more complexity and richness. A small percentage of Sauvignon Blanc was added for balance. The result is a blend that is more delicious than the sum of its parts, a compelling wine.
Enjoy now through 2013.
- Color: Brilliant with golden hue
- Aroma: Stone fruit, pineapple and tropical essence
- Taste: Rich, medium bodied with a luscious mouth feel and a crisp, refreshing finish
- Gold Medal - San Diego International Wine Competition 2011
- Silver Medal - Monterey Wine Competition 2011
- Recommended - Dennis Schaefer, Schaefer on Wine, May 5, 2011
- Recommended - The Tasting Panel, April 2011
- Silver Medal - Dallas Morning News and TexSom Wine Competition 2011
- Recommended - Laurie Daniel, The Grape Vine - The Tribune, January 2011
- Recommended - Pierre DuMont, Piedmont Post, July 21, 2010
- Best of Show, Best of White Wine, Best of San Luis Obispo County, and Best of Other White Dry - California Mid-State Fair Central Coast Wine Competition 2010
- Best of Region South-Central Coast Appellations, Best of Class South-Central Coast Appellations, Gold Medal, 95 Points - California State Fair Commercial Wine Competition 2010
- Wine Pick of the Week - Kathy Marcks Hardesty, New Times, July 8, 2010
- 90 Points - Wine Review Online, November 2010
- Gold Medal - Sommelier Challenge 2010
- Gold Medal - Riverside International Wine Competition 2010
- Gold Medal - Critics Challenge International Wine Competition 2010
- Silver Medal - Los Angeles International Wine Competition 2010