The Power of 4 – this wine is an Estate blend combining grapes from our prestigious Huerhuero and Jardine vineyards located in the rolling hills of Paso Robles, where warm afternoons and cool evening breezes guide the grapes to perfect ripeness. The varieties used in this blend are very unique to Paso Robles and California’s Central Coast. Intended as a trial, we discovered that both the Vermentino and Verdelho have responded extremely well to the terroir of our Huerhuero Vineyard.
Each variety was kept separate, aging 6 months sur lie. The Verdelho was aged in stainless steel tanks while the other varieties were aged in neutral barrels and blended together right before bottling. Lees stirring took place twice a week and no malolactic fermentation occurred. The final blend was selected based on trials and the individual character of the wines. The result is a blend that is more delicious than the sum of its parts; a compelling wine.
Enjoy now through 2014.
- Color: Brilliant golden straw
- Aroma: Tropical fruit with hints of kiwi and citrus
- Taste: Rich, luscious mouth feel; notes of spice and a crisp, refreshing finish
- Silver Medal - Monterey Wine Competiton 2012
- Silver Medal - Dallas Morning News and TexSon Wine Competition 2012
- Silver Medal - San Diego International Wine Competition 2012
- Top Value, 88 Points - Wine Spectator, March 2012
- 89 Points - Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, Nov/Dec 2011
- 90 Points, Editors' Choice - Wine Enthusiast, November 2011
- Best of Class, Gold Medal - Central Coast Wine Competition 2011
- Top 10 Wines of the Week - Steve Heimoff Wine Blog, June 24, 2011
- Exceptional - Dan Berger's Vintage Experiences, June 16, 2011
- Silver Medal - Critic's Challenge 2011
- Silver Medal - San Francisco Wine Competition 2011
- 88 Points, Silver Medal - CA State Fair Wine Competition 2011