November 19, 2015
- 3 tbsps Olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground beef
- 2 each Carrots, celery stalks, cut into small cubes
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps Cahoots "House Rub" Seasoning *
- 4 tbsps Tomato paste
- 1 cup Vina Robles RED4 *
- 1 larage can Diced tomatoes & juice (28oz)
- 2 each Bay leaves & cloves
- 2 tbsps Tuscan Sunset herb blend *
- 1 cup Water
**Ingredients are available for purchase at Vina Robles
- Open a bottle of Vina Robles RED4 , and pour yourself a glass!
- Heat up half of the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add half of the meat and sauté on high heat for about 5 minutes. Take meat out of the frying pan and set aside.
- Heat up the rest of the olive oil, and add the rest of the meat, carrots, celery and diced onions. Sauté on high heat for about 5 minutes. Add the Cahoots “House Rub” Seasoning and the tomato paste, and continue sautéing for about 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with the Vina Robles RED4 . Bring to a boil and add the diced tomatoes, bay leaves, the Tuscan Sunset herb blend, and the water.
- Cover pan with a lid, and let the sauce simmer on low heat for about 1 hour, stir occasionally.
- Serve over your favorite pasta, and enjoy with the rest of the Vina Robles RED4.
- Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- Substitute ground beef with ground turkey.