Costolette D'Agnello Scottadito
November 19, 2015
- 1 Red apple, peeled
- 2 ozs Butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 16 ozs Vina Robles Cabernet Sauvignon, Estate
- 4 ozs Water
- 1 tsp Chicken base
- 4 rack of lamb (10-12oz)
- 1 tsp Rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp Thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp Sage, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsps Extra virgin olive oil
- Open a bottle of Vina Robles Cabernet Sauvignon, Estate and pour yourself a glass!
- Dice the apple and add to pot with butter. Cook slowly, adding sugar and horseradish. Add wine and let simmer for 30 minutes to reduce liquid.
- Add water and chicken base and bring to a boil. Blend all together in a food processor or blender.
- Marinate lamb with the herbs, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Grill lamb to your preferred temperature (medium-rare recommended). Cut rack into four pieces, every two ribs.
- Serve ribs over sauce and enjoy together with the rest of the Cabernet Sauvignon, Estate.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach.