Crab Meat Salad with Pear & Mint
November 19, 2015
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 2 tbsps Lemon juice, fresh
- 5 tbsps Olive Oil "A Touch of Citrus" *
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt & cracked, black pepper
- 2 Ripe Anjou pears
- 4 tbsps Mint, roughly chopped
- 10 ozs Dungeness crab meat
- Open a bottle of Vina Robles Sauvignon Blanc, and pour yourself a glass!
- In a small bowl, combine lemon zest, lemon juice and Olive oil “A Touch of Citrus”. Season to taste, set citrus-vinaigrette aside.
- Cut Anjou pears into small cubes, add chopped mint and mix carefully.
- Divide pear-mint mix among four plates.
- Arrange Dungeness crab meat on pear bed and drizzle with the citrus-vinaigrette.
- Enjoy this light and very refreshing appetizer with the rest of the Vina Robles Sauvignon Blanc.
- Serve with grilled flat bread or crispy French baguette.
- Use orange zest and juice instead of lemon.
- Substitute pears with Hass avocados.