Grilled Lamb Chops with Pistachio Sauce
November 19, 2015
- 1 1/2 tsps Black pepper
- 1 tsp Thyme, fresh
- 1 tsp Rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp Salt, kosher
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin olice oil
- 8 Lamb loin chops (1 1/4" thick), about 2 lbs
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Vina Robles RED4
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Pistachios
- Open a bottle of Vina Robles RED4, and pour yourself a glass!
- Create marinade: Stir first five ingredients together until blended. Add olive oil and lamb chops and place in refrigerator for up to two hours.
- Preheat grill. For sauce, combine sugar, vinegar, broth, wine, and Worcestershire sauce in a small pan. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for ten minutes.
- Process pistachios in a food processor or crush to your liking. Stir into sauce and cook for an additional two minutes to blend flavors. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place lamb chops on preheated grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lamb reached an internal temperature of 145°F (for medium-rare).
- Serve sauce over lamb chops and enjoy together with the rest of the RED4.
- Serve over simple couscous.