Pan-Seared Halibut with Avocado Pine Nut Pesto
April 27, 2016
- Ingredients - Pesto
- 2 Large avocados, pits removed
- 1/2 cup Pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Bunch parsley, stems removed
- 1 Garlic clove, smashed
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ingredients - Halibut
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Halibut
- Kosher salt
- Open a bottle of Vina Robles Viognier, Huerhuero and pour yourself a glass!
- In a food processor, blend all pesto ingredients until they reach a smooth consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a large heat resistant sauté pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Lightly season the fish with salt. Slowly place fish into the hot oil and sear until golden brown on one side. Flip the fish and place the whole pan into the pre-heated oven. Let cook for 8 minutes or until firm and cooked throughout.
- Drizzle halibut with the pesto, garnish with your favorite herbs and enjoy together with the rest of the Viognier, Huerhuero.