Spaghetti "Vina Robles"
November 19, 2015
- 1 lb Spaghetti
- 1/2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 lb Italian Sausage, skinned, cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 6 ozs Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 can Tomatoes, chopped (16 oz)
- 1/2 cup Vina Robles Red4
- 1/2 tsp Salt and pepper, pluse 1-2 tbsp salt for pasta water
- 3 ozs Black pit-less olives, cut in half
- 1 bunch Basil, coarsely chopped
- 3 ozs Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente (firm to the bite); drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add sausage and fry for 4-5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Reduce heat, dab up fat with paper towel and add a little oil if necessary. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and sweat slowly while stirring for approximately 2 minutes over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and the wine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer over low heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Pour yourself a glass of Vina Robles RED4!
- Add the cooked sausage, the olives and the basil. Make sure everything is heated through.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti immediately in deep bowls. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Use your favorite pasta instead of spaghetti.
- Substitute Italian sausage with diced chicken breast.
- Use other fresh herbs instead of basil (parsley, oregano, chives).