Signature is defined as a “distinctive characteristic that denotes one’s identity”. Our Signature Blend for this vintage is made from two grape varities that winemaker Matthias Gubler feels are the ultimate expression of Vina Robles’ terroir. It is a blend of the Bordeaux grape Petit Verdot along with a Rhone variety, Syrah. Petit Verdot flourishes in the micro climates of our Huerhuero Vineyard where it produces wines with deep color, rich flavor and good tannic structure. From a cool site in Eastern Paso Robles, the Ryan Road Vineyard Syrah gives us big, aromatic wines with wonderful color and rounded tannins. This unique and complex blend is elegant yet powerful.
Enjoy now through 2012.
- Color: Deep, saturated inky purple, almost opaque
- Aroma: Intense aromas of dark berry fruits including notes of blueberry and plum, violets and allspice as well as earth are complimented by vanilla and toasty oak
- Taste: This full-bodied wine is juicy and concentrated on the palate with ripe, firm tannins; primary flavors of blackberry and blueberry complemented by secondary notes of pie crust, graham cracker with a touch of spice; long pleasant finish
- Double Gold Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2008
- Wine of Exceptional Merit - Santé Gold Star Award