2009 Cabernet Sauvignon
The fruit for our 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon was selected from three of our estate vineyards in Paso Robles. It was handpicked at night in small lots to ensure perfect quality and ripeness. Afterwards, the fruit was destemmed and gently crushed into temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. Pumpovers took place
regularly to enhance color and help extract tannins from the skin. After pressing, the wine was racked into barrels to complete malolactic fermentation and aging. Before bottling, we blended in 15% Petit Verdot and 10% Tannat from our Huerhuero Vineyard to round out the blend. The Petit Verdot softens out the tannins while the Tannat enhances the structure.
Enjoy now through 2018.
- Color: Bright garnet
- Aroma: Black cherry, currants, and coriander
- Taste: Medium to rich body; dry smooth tannins and a long balanced finish
- Best of Class - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2013
- Gold Medal - Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Wine Competition 2013
- 88 Points - Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, November/December 2012
- Silver Medal - Mainly Meritage International Wine Competition 2012
- Silver Medal - Sunset International Wine Competition 2012
- Silver Medal - U.S. National Wine Competition 2012
- Silver Medal - San Francisco International Wine Competition 2012
- Gold Medal - Central Coast Wine Competition 2012
- 94 Points, Gold Medal - California State Fair Commercial Wine Competition 2012