Sy•rée [se-rey] n. derived from Syrah and “cuvée” (blend)
The grapes for our Syrée are selected from the hilltop sections of some of our most regarded vineyards; Ryan Road, Adelaida Springs Ranch, Penman Springs, and Creston Valley. The vines from these higher terrain elevations steeped in calcareous subsoils with ample sun exposure produce naturally small and concentrated berries, exhibiting structured tannins and balanced acidities. The resulting wines from these blocks feature expressive fruit flavors and a rich mouthfeel that underscore the aging potential for this unique Rhône-inspired blend of Syrah and Petite Sirah.
The lots were pumped over in small fermenters and kept on the skins for up to 15 days to extract the maximum amount of color and tannins. After being transferred to 100% French oak barrels, the selected lots were blended for overall balance and structure the following summer and put back into barrels for an additional year of barrel aging.
Enjoy now through 2021.
- Color: Ruby Garnet
- Aroma: Boysenberry and cherries with notes of savory spice and tobacco
- Taste: Full-bodied with cherry fruit; firm mid-palate with good acidity and a rich, structured finish
- Gold Medal - Central Coast Wine Competition 2015
- Gold Medal - Indy International Wine Competition 2015
- Gold Medal - Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards 2016
- Silver Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2016
- Silver Medal - Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Wine Competition 2016