2010 Cabernet Sauvignon
The fruit for our 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon was selected from four of our estate vineyards in Paso Robles. It was handpicked at night in small lots to ensure perfect quality and ripeness. Afterwards, the fruit was destemmed and gently crushed into temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. Pump-overs took place regularly to enhance color and help extract tannins from the skin. After pressing, the wine was racked into barrels to complete malolactic fermentation and aging. Before bottling, we blended in 19% Petit Verdot from our Huerhuero and Adelaida Springs vineyards to round out the blend. The Petit Verdot enhances mouthfeel and structure.
Enjoy now through 2018.
- Color: Garnet
- Aroma: Cherry and dark currants with hints of licorice and fine tobacco
- Taste: Medium-bodied; smooth tannins and lasting fruit on the finish
- Gold Medal - San Franscisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2014
- Silver Medal - Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition 2014
- 88 Points - Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, November/December 2013
- 91 Points, Editors' Choice - Wine Enthusiast, Best of Year 2013
- Gold Medal - Sommelier Challenge International Wine Competition 2013
- Silver Medal - Central Coast Wine Competition 2013