2005 Cabernet Sauvignon
The fruit for our 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon was selected from our Huerhuero Vineyard, which is planted on the premium clones 6, 15 and 337. All the fruit was handpicked in small lots during the cool of the morning to ensure perfect quality and ripeness. It was then destemmed and gently crushed into temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. To preserve varietal character, 55% of the lot was left as whole berries, with pumpovers taking place regularly to enhance color and tannin extraction from the skins. After pressing, the wine was racked into barrels to complete malolactic fermentation and aging.
Enjoy now through 2015.
- Color: Deep dark, bright garnet
- Aroma: Intense bouquet of dark sweet fruits such as blackberry and blueberry, complimented by notes of tobacco and toasty oak.
- Taste: A supple, full-bodied, rich flavored Cabernet Sauvignon which has intense fruitiness (blueberry, and dark fruit), light oakiness, bright tannins and excellent balance, with a medium finish.
- 4-Stars - Restaurant Wine, September 2008 Fleshy and very ripely flavored, this is a rich, Zin-like Cabernet, with good balance and a very long finish, tasting of plum and blackberry jam, with overtones of toast, cedar, and aniseed.
- Best Buy - Robert Whitley, Wine Talk, September 2008
“Forward and supple, this latest vintage of cabernet from Vina Robles is typical of Paso, showing lovely, soft red fruit and an attractive floral characteristic that is nothing if not alluring. Cabernets of this ilk from Paso have an uncanny ability to age despite the appearance they are built for the short haul. That said, it’s yummy now and good to go as soon as you might be moved to open it.”