2006 Cabernet Sauvignon
The fruit for our 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon was selected from our Huerhuero Vineyard, which is planted on the premium clones 6, 15 and 337. All the fruit was handpicked at night in small lots to ensure perfect quality and ripeness. It was then destemmed and gently crushed into temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. To preserve varietal character, 45% of the lot was left as whole berries, with pumpovers taking place regularly to enhance color and tannin extraction from the skins. After pressing, the wine was racked into barrels to complete malolactic fermentation and aging.
Enjoy now through 2016.
- Color: Deep, dark cherry red
- Aroma: Flavors of sweet oak, intense dark fruit with notes of blueberry and undertones of tobacco
- Taste: A full-bodied, supple Cabernet Sauvignon with intense fruit and ripe tannins; balanced with a long finish
- 90 Points, Editors’ Choice – Wine Enthusiast, August 2009
- Silver Medal - Long Beach Grand Cru International Wine Competition 2009
- Silver Medal - Decanter World Wine Awards 2009
- Silver Medal - Grand Harvest Awards 2009
- Silver Medal - San Diego International Wine Competition 2009