2003 Petite Sirah
Petite Sirah was hand picked and sorted for quality in the vineyard. The fruit was fermented in new, small Mueller stainless steel tanks. Over three days the must was allowed to “cold soak” to extract color and flavor. Pumpovers took place frequently during fermentation. The juice was pressed off at dryness (0° Brix) and was then transferred to French oak barrels (30% new) to complete malolactic fermentation. Secondary fermentation was completed after four months and the wine spent a further 12 months in barrel. The final blend was chosen as a result of frequent tasting sessions. The finished wine was lightly filtered before bottling.
Enjoy now through 2010.
- Color: Deep purple-black
- Aroma: Intense aromas of dark berry fruits including notes of blueberry and plum as well as earth and pepper are complimented by vanilla and toasty oak
- Taste: This full bodied wine is juicy and concentrated on the palate with ripe, firm tannins; blackberry, plum and blueberry fruit with a touch of spice and pepper; long pleasant finish
- 92 Points - “One of the best Petite Sirahs I’ve had this year.” - Wine Enthusiast 2006
- “Five Stars…Exceptional.” - Restaurant Wine 2006
- “Big and rich with a boisterous personality.” - Santa Barbara News-Press 2006
- “Highly Recommended.” - California Grapevine 2006
- “Recommended” - Denver Rocky Mountain News 2006
- Gold Medal - Florida State Fair International Wine Competition 2006
- Gold Medal - Orange County Fair Wine Competition 2006
- Gold Medal - Los Angeles County Fair Wine Competition 2006
- Gold Medal - Critics Challenge International Wine Competition 2006
- Gold Medal - Riverside International Wine Competition 2006