2004 Petite Sirah
The grapes for this vintage were hand picked and sorted for quality in the vineyard. The fruit was fermented in small Mueller stainless steel tanks. Over three days the must was allowed to “cold soak” to extract color and flavor. Pumpovers took place frequently during fermentation. The juice was pressed off at dryness (0° Brix) and was then transferred to French oak barrels (30% new) to complete malolactic fermentation. Secondary fermentation was completed after four months and the wine spent a further 14 months in barrel. The final blend was chosen as a result of frequent tasting sessions. The finished wine was lightly filtered before bottling.
Enjoy now through 2013.
- Color: Deep purple-black
- Aroma: Intense aromas of dark berry fruits including notes of blueberry and plum as well as chocolate powder are complimented by vanilla and toasty oak
- Taste: This full-bodied wine is juicy and concentrated on the palate with ripe, firm tannins; blackberry, plum and blueberry fruit with a touch of bittersweet chocolate; long pleasant finish
- 87 Points - Wine Spectator, March 2008
“Tasty, juicy wild raspberry and ripe blackberry notes, with focused accents of tobacco and currant flavors. Firm tannins and long finish.”
- Silver Medal - Decanter World Wine Awards 2007
- The Colorado Wine News, April-June, 2007
“A nice Petite to pair with food. Well balanced, structured, and integrated. Tasty.”
- Wine Enthusiast Magazine, March 2007
“Classic warm counry Petite Sirah, a bit of a brute in its youth, it should hold well for 10 years.”
- Wine of the Week – About Wine, November 2006
“A remarkable red wine that presents fresh berry fruit flavors, full-bodied, textured tannins and well balanced acidity, perfect complement to red meats, game and sausages.