The Power of 4 – this Paso blend is more delicious than the sum of its parts. It combines grape varieties mainly from our prestigious Huerhuero Vineyard, located in the rolling hills of Paso Robles. Here, warm afternoons and cool evening breezes guide the grapes to perfect ripeness. The grapes were picked at cooler morning temperatures and cold soaked for three to four days prior to fermentation. Both punch-down and pumpover techniques were implemented during fermentation to enhance fruit extraction and balance out the tannin structure. The wine was then aged in both small and large format French oak barrels for 18 months in order to add complexity while enhancing a soft, velvety finish.
Vina Robles’ RED4 blend showcases the spice and cherry qualities of Syrah, the structure of Petite Sirah, the forward fruit of Grenache, and the rustic character of Mourvèdre. This intriguing, youthful wine is your perfect dinner companion.
Enjoy now through 2015.
- Color: Dark ruby red
- Aroma: Red cherries and plum with hints of fine tobacco and spice
- Taste: Medium-bodied with dark fruit; moderate tannins and a supple finish
- Silver Medal - Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition 2014
- Silver Medal - Central Coast Wine Competition 2013
- Silver Medal - Sunset International Wine Competition 2013
- Silver Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2013
- 90 Points, Editor's Choice - Wine Enthusiast, December 31, 2012