Our 2012 Roseum is inspired by the refreshing, dry rosés of southern France. With its sun-soaked slopes and coastal ambiance, Paso Robles boasts an ideal terroir for echoing the flavor and spirit of these popular Mediterranean wines. [“Ros-e-um” - Lat. rose colored, of the rose.] The inspiration of the name comes from the Rhône Valley’s history that is still evident in its Roman ruins and in the endurance of its centuries-old wine trade.
Syrah grapes from our estate Huerhuero Vineyard were selected and harvested early in the morning. At the winery, the grapes were crushed and transferred directly into a stainless steel tank, where they were cold soaked on their skins for 24 hours to extract color and flavor. The juice was then drained off the skins into another stainless steel tank and cold settled for 48 hours to further remove excess sediment. Upon racking, the juice was inoculated with a selected yeast strain to express fresh aromatic fruit aromas and complexity.
Enjoy now through 2016.
- Color: Bright corral
- Aroma: Strawberry, pomegranate with hints of caramel
- Taste: Rich and round with expressive, juicy fruit and a quenching finish
- Silver Medal - Central Coast Wine Competition 2013
- 88 Points - Grapevine Online, June 2013
- Twelve Best Rose's to Try - Forbes.com, May 7, 2013
- Top 10 Mother's Day Wines - Gayot.com, April 25, 2013
- 89 Points - Wine Lines Online, April 5, 2013
- 99 Points - justwinepoints.com, May 2013