Suen•de•ro [swen-dé-ro] n. derived from “Sueño Sendero” or the “Dream Path”
Suendero is a Meritage bottling of Cabernet Sauvignon (53%) and Petit Verdot (47%). The name Suendero signifies “The Dream Path,” celebrating the wine’s origins amid the magical terrain of Adelaida Springs Ranch in the rugged coastal mountains west of Paso Robles. Here, at an elevation of 1,700 feet and just 12 miles from the Pacific Ocean, the ranch’s small vineyard unfolds along steep calcareous soils composed of ancient sea beds. These hillside soils, combined with reliable marine breezes, enable us to craft a nuanced wine that mirrors the evenness and elegance of a modern style blend.
Enjoy now through 2016.
- Color: Dark garnet
- Aroma: This well structured wine unfolds with notes of wild strawberry, black currant and blackberry, in addition to vanilla and coconut aromas from the oak barrels.
- Taste: The dark fruits re-emerge on the palate with blueberry and fresh black raspberry dominating, as well as oregano and green peppercorn supported by toasted oak tannins and a balancing acidity that provides a long finish.
- 91 Points - Wine Enthusiast, October 2009
- Gold Medal, Cellar Selection - Beverage Testing Institute World Wine Championships 2009
- Grand Champion Best of Show, Double Gold Medal - Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition 2009
- Gold Medal - Grand Harvest Awards 2009