Suen•de•ro [swen-dé-ro] n. derived from “Sueño Sendero” or the “Dream Path”
Suendero is a Meritage bottling of Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot. The name Suendero signifies “The Dream Path,” celebrating the wine’s origins amid the magical terrain of Adelaida Springs Ranch in the rugged coastal mountains west of Paso Robles. Here, at an elevation of 1,700 feet and just 12 miles from the Pacific Ocean, the ranch’s small vineyard is planted in calcareous soils, the result of ancient sea beds. These hillside soils, combined with reliable marine breezes, enable us to craft a nuanced wine that mirrors the evenness and elegance of a modern style blend.
Enjoy now through 2017.
- Color: Dark garnet
- Aroma: Spicy and earthy with integrated notes of chocolate and black, ripe fruit
- Taste: An elegant, dry blend with a strong tannin structure; hints of black cherries; very long finish.
- 90 Points - Wine Review Online, December 2010
- Top 10 Wine of the Week - Steve Heimoff, July 9, 2010
- Gold Medal - Monterey Wine Competition 2010
- Silver Medal, Highly Recommended - Beverage Testing Institute World Wine Championships 2010
- 92 Points - Wine Enthusiast, December 2010