Suen•de•ro [swen-dé-ro] n. derived from “Sueño Sendero” or the “Dream Path”
Suendero is a Meritage bottling of Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot. The name Suendero celebrates the wine’s origins amid the magical terrain of Adelaida Springs Ranch in the rugged coastal mountains west of Paso Robles. Here, at an elevation of 1,700 feet and just 12 miles from the Pacific Ocean, the ranch’s small vineyard is planted in calcareous soils, resulting from uplifted ancient sea beds. These hillside soils, combined with reliable marine breezes, enable us to craft a nuanced wine of depth and balance that mirrors the evenness and elegance of a modern style blend.
At harvest, the grapes were picked and delivered to the winery in small lots where they were sorted, destemmed and gently crushed into small lot fermenters. Frequent pump overs and punch-down techniques were used to extract balanced flavors, color and texture from these tiny, concentrated
berries. The wine was then drained and gently pressed from the skins into limited-production, tight-grained French oak barrels, where the wine was aged for 20 months for greater balance.
Enjoy now through 2020.
- Color: Garnet
- Aroma: Blueberry and cedar with hints of spice and licorice
- Taste: Medium to full-bodied with a firm structure; hints of cherries lead into a long finish with rich tannin textures ideal for aging
- 88 Points - Wine Enthusiast, February 2015
- 91 Points - Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, November/December 2013
- 89 Points - Food & Beverage World, December 2014