Sy•rée [se-rey] n. derived from Syrah and “cuvée” (blend)
The grapes for our Syrée are selected from two highly regarded vineyards; Syrah from Ryan Road and Petite Sirah from Creston Valley, both in southeastern Paso Robles. Located at an elevation of 1,500 feet, Ryan Road features calcareous soils, while Creston Valley Vineyard is a well exposed hillside with warm growing conditions, sandy soil and small amounts of limestone.
The lots were pumped over in small fermenters and kept on the skins for up to 15 days to extract the maximum amount of color and tannins. After being transferred to 100% French oak barrels, the two wines were blended the following spring and put back into barrels for an additional year.
Enjoy now through 2022.
- Color: Dark ruby
- Aroma: Ripe dark fruit with notes of anise and mocha
- Taste: Full-bodied with chewy, textured tannins and a rich, creamy finish
- 89 Points - The Wine Advocate, August 29, 2014
- Gold Medal - Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards 2016
- Silver Medal - Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition 2014
- Silver Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2013
- 91 Points - Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, November/December 2013
- 90 Points - The Tasting Panel; Blue Reviews EXTRA, December 2013