The Power of 4 – this wine is an Estate blend combining grapes from our prestigious Huerhuero and Jardine vineyards located in the rolling hills of Paso Robles, where warm afternoons and cool evening breezes guide the grapes to perfect ripeness. The varieties used in this blend are very unique to Paso Robles and California’s Central Coast. Intended as a trial, we discovered that both the Vermentino and Verdelho have responded extremely well to the terroir of our Huerhuero Vineyard.
Each variety was hand harvested at night in an effort to preserve the fruit’s fresh flavors. The grapes were pressed at the winery and fermented separately in stainless steel tanks. A combination of cold and warm fermentations was allowed to take place using different yeast strains, resulting in a wine with extra dimensions. No malolactic fermentation occurred. After fermentation, the wine was transferred to neutral oak barrels and lees stirring took place once every three weeks. The final blend was selected based on trials and the individual character of the wines. The result is a blend that is more delicious than the sum of its parts; a compelling wine.
Enjoy now through 2016.
- Color: Light straw with green hues
- Aroma: Mango, melon and honey with hints of nougat
- Taste: Round, medium-bodied with layers of fruit; structured with a lingering finish
- 88 Points - Jeb Dunnuck's The Rhone Report, Issue 14, December 2012
- 91 Points - Wine Enthusiast, December 2012
- 88 Points - Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, November/December 2012
- Silver Medal - Sunset International Wine Competition 2012
- 89 Points, Silver Medal - California State Fair Commercial Wine Competition 2012