The Power of 4 – this wine is an estate blend combining grapes from our prestigious Huerhuero and Jardine vineyards located in the rolling hills of Paso Robles, where warm afternoons and cool evening breezes guide the grapes to perfect ripeness. The varieties used in this blend are very unique to Paso Robles and California’s Central Coast. Intended as a trial, we discovered that both the Vermentino and Verdelho have responded extremely well to the terroir of our Huerhuero Vineyard.
Each variety was harvested at night in an effort to preserve the fruit’s fresh flavors. The grapes were pressed at the winery and fermented separately in stainless steel tanks. Different yeast strains were used to best express the characteristics of each variety, resulting in a wine with added dimensions. No malolactic fermentation occurred to retain fruit vibrancy. After fermentation, the wines were blended based on trials and the individual character of the wines. The result is a synergistic blend that is more delicious than the sum of its parts; a compelling wine.
Enjoy now through 2017.
- Color: Light straw with green hues
- Aroma: Peach and mango with hints of citrus
- Taste: Lively, medium-bodied with layers of fruit and a lingering, crisp finish
- 91 Points, Best of Year - Wine Enthusiast, Buying Guide 2014
- Gold Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2015
- Silver Medal - Houston Livestock & Rodeo Wine Competition 2015
- 89 Points - Food & Beverage World, December 2014
- Gold Medal - Sommelier Challenge International Wine Competition 2014
- Silver Medal - Central Coast Wine Competition 2014
- 99 Points - justwinepoints.com, June 2014