'Signature' Lamb Skewers & Couscous
November 5, 2015
- 1 lb lamb tips, cubed (e.g. from shoulder)
- 2 tbsps Vina Robles Signature
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt & cracked, black pepper
- 1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds, crushed
- 16 skewers (each approx. 5 inches long)
- 3 1/2 cups water, salted
- 1 each red pepper, zucchini & onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups couscous (whole grain or regular)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Open a bottle of Vina Robles Signature, and pour yourself a glass!
- In a bowl, combine meat, red wine, half of the olive oil, and all the spices. Cover and let marinade for approximately 30 minutes, then thread the lamb cubes onto skewers.
- In a large pan, bring the salted water to a boil. Add the rest of the olive oil, diced red peppers, zucchini, onion, and cherry tomatoes and let simmer for a minute. Add couscous, cover, and turn heat off.
- In the meantime, BBQ the lamb skewers over medium to high heat for approximately 6 to 8 minutes (medium recommended). Mix couscous and add cilantro.
- Serve skewers over couscous on warm plates. Enjoy with the rest of the Signature!
- Substitute lamb tips with beef tips.
- Easy Mint Sauce: mix together 1 cup plain yogurt, 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves, and season with salt & pepper.