BBQ Pork Towers with Thyme-Mustard
November 19, 2015
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cahoots "House Rub" Seasoning *
- 1 Pork tenderloin (approx. 3/4 lbs)
- 4 ozs Whole grain mustard
- 1 oz Liquid honey
- 2 tbsps Fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- Black pepper, cracked
- 1 Red bell pepper, quartered and sliced into strips
- 1 French style baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Open a bottle of Vina Robles Cabernet Sauvignon, and pour yourself a glass!
- Brush the pork loin with the olive oil and season with Cahoots “House Rub” Seasoning. Let marinade for about 30 minutes and BBQ on medium heat on all sides for approximately 25 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil and let rest for about 15 minutes.
- Mix the mustard, the honey and the thyme in a small bowl, season with cracked black pepper.
- In a small pan, heat up a little bit of olive oil, add the peppers and sauté on high heat for approximately 1-2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Arranging the towers: slice tenderloin in ½ inch thick slices and place on top of the sliced bread. Garnish with the red peppers and drizzle with the thyme-mustard.
- Enjoy with the rest of the Vina Robles Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Serve with a nice mixed green salad.
- Substitute Cahoots “House Rub” with your regular BBQ seasoning.
- Grill the baguette slices on the BBQ for a superb crispy taste!