Chicken with Chocolate Sauce
November 5, 2015
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp “Cowboy Steak Rub” BBQ seasoning
- olive oil
- 1/2 lb green aparagus, thin, ends trimmed off
- 4 ozs Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 each - shallot and garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Vina Robles Syrée
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsps 80% dark chocolate, in pieces
- Open a bottle of Vina Robles Syrée, and pour yourself a glass!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season chicken with the Cowboy Steak Rub. Heat up olive oil in a sauté pan and sear chicken on both sides for about 2 minutes. Place chicken on a baking sheet.
- Divide asparagus evenly over chicken breasts and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake chicken for approximately 18-20 minutes. Make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly but is not dry.
- In the same pan, sauté onions and garlic until soft. Deglaze with wine and let simmer for about 2 minutes. Add beef stock and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce liquid to approximately ¾ cup. Add chocolate and stir until melted. Sauce should have a syrupy consistency. If it is too thick, add a little bit of wine or beef stock. Season to taste with salt and pepper and keep sauce warm.
- Serve chicken on warm plates and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Enjoy with the rest of the Vina Robles Syrée.
- Serve with rice, mashed potatoes or pasta.
- Substitute chicken with duck breast or venison loin.