Glühwein – Hot Spiced Wine
November 10, 2016
- 1 bottle Vina Robles The Arborist
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 oranges, diced with peel
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 pods cardamom
- rum (optional)
- Add everything and let simmer below the boiling point for about 20 minutes.
- Remove all spices including the oranges. Otherwise, the spiced wine will become bitter.
- If desired, add rum to taste.
- Spiced wine should be enjoyed as hot as possible. Therefore, serve immediately after preparation.