Grilled Ribeye Steak Sandwich
November 19, 2015
- Ingredients – Sandwich
- 2 14 oz. Ribeye steaks
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 cup steak seasoning
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 4 smoked mozzarella cheese torpedo rolls or hoagie rolls
- 1 cup whole grain mustard-horseradish sauce
- 2 cups tomato relish
- Ingredients – Basil-Chili Oil
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 poblano or fresno chile, grilled, peeled, stemmed, and seeded
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- salt to taste
- Ingredients – Chipotle Vinegar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsps chipotle pepper puree
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- salt to taste
- Ingredients – Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup garlic, granulated
- 1/4 cup pepper, freshly ground
- Ingredients – Tomato Relish
- 9 Roma tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 ozs chipotle vinegar
- 4 ozs basil-chili oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Ingredients – Whole Grain Mustard-Horseradish
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsps Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 tbsps sour cream
- pinch salt
- Open a bottle of Vina Robles Petite Sirah, Estate and pour yourself a glass!
- Combine all ingredients for the basil-chili oil in a blender and puree. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Combine all ingredients for the chipotle vinegar and blend. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Mix all ingredients for the steak seasoning and store in an airtight container.
- For tomato relish, combine all ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the mustard-horseradish sauce in a small bowl and add a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Rub the steaks with olive oil and steak seasoning. Grill to desired temperature. Let the steaks rest for five minutes before slicing.
- Spread the whole grain mustard-horseradish sauce inside each roll. Layer half of the sliced steak on each roll and top with tomato relish. Enjoy together with the rest of the Petite Sirah, Estate.