Lamb Souvlaki with Grape Relish
November 18, 2015
- 2 lbs lamb loin
- 1/2 cup 50/50
- 4 tbsps lemon juice
- 2 tbsps fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsps fresh oregano, chopped
- 16 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 quart red grapes, washed and halved
- 2 ozs sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 2 ea. shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- salt and pepper as needed
- Trim and cut lamb into 1" cubes. In a bowl, toss together 50/50, lemon juice, mint, salt, white wine, oregano, garlic and ground black pepper. Cover with plastic and marinate overnight.
- Skewer lamb onto wooden skewers with whatever fresh vegetable you have at hand (note" soak skewers in water to prevent burning).
- Grill all four sides over medium-high heat until medium rare (or when desired doneness is achieved), about 4 to 6 minutes. Place in warm spot and cover with aluminum foil to rest 5 minutes. Serve with Polenta.
- For the grape relish, mix the red grapes, sherry vinegar, basil, challots, parsley and salt and pepper to personal taste.