N.Y. Steak with Dried Cherry Sauce
November 19, 2015
- 4 New York steaks (8-10oz each)
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps Cowboy Steak Rub
- 1 cup Vina Robles Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 tsp sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup cherries, dried
- 1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter, cold
- Open a bottle of Vina Robles Cabernet Sauvignon, and pour yourself a glass!
- Brush steaks on both sides with olive oil and season with Cowboy Steak Rub. Cover with plastic wrap and marinade in the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours. Make sure to take the steaks out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- In a small pot, combine Vina Robles Cabernet Sauvignon, beef stock and seasoning. Bring to a boil. Add the cherries and reduce heat to low. Let simmer slowly for approximately 20 minutes.
- Grill the New York steaks to your liking (medium-rare recommended), and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add rosemary and butter to the cherry sauce and stir until butter is incorporated. Season to taste.
- Serve steaks with sauce on warm plates, and enjoy with the rest of the Vina Robles Cabernet Sauvignon!
- Substitute New York steaks with Rib-Eye steaks or Filet Mignon.
- Serve with grilled asparagus and roasted or baked potatoes.